Ways to Lower Your Car Insurance Bill
If you own a car, you must have car insurance. It is actually a legal requirement in the state of Florida that you do or you can’t drive. Anyone caught driving without insurance is making themselves susceptible to heaving fines and the suspension of their driver’s license.
The fact that car insurance is a necessity doesn’t reduce the sting everytime you go to pay your premiums. There are a variety of premiums and policy plans available to help you fit car insurance into your budget, but there is still a certain minimum you must maintain, especially if you have a new or more valuable vehicle. If you want to lower your monthly car insurance bill, try these tips.
Five Tips to Reduce Your Monthly Car Insurance Payments
1. Drive Well – One of the biggest factors insurers use when calculating your car insurance premiums is your driving record. Insurance is a risk-based industry, so they are obviously going to shy away from offering great prices to drivers who have a lot of accidents on their record.
2. High Deductibles – The deductible is the amount you pay out of pocket in the event of an insurance claim. The higher your deductible, the lower your monthly payment is, but you will have to pay more if you need repairs.
3. Credit Score – Many drivers don’t know that insurers use credit score as a factor to determine auto insurance rates. Maintaining good credit has a variety of benefits.
4. Group Plans – If you have multiple drivers in your home, combine them on one auto insurance policy. Often, insurance companies will give discounts to people who purchase premiums in bulk.
5. Ask – Many insurers have discounts available for active military, educators, and more. When shopping around for estimates, ask about any discount you may be eligible for so you don’t miss out.
Following these five tips will go a long way towards reducing your monthly car insurance premium. For more money-saving information, call an agent for auto insurance auto insurance Seminole County FL offers.